Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: The Xara Xone @ Christmas: member input?

@Frances—

The spirit that inevitably comes around December to the civilized world is so all-inclisive that I’d be a hypocrite were I to say, as an example, “No. Only Xara artwork. Corellians and Photoshoppers, go find another star to lead you to the crèche.”

I’d like this collaborative celebration to be based on our favorite drawing program, and I suspect the majority of posts will be done with Xara, however if your creative urge is from the heart and your expression is a sincere one, use a tool you own or are comfortable with.

@Stygg—

This is a fairly nascent idea right now, but yeah, why not create a Christmas card and post it on a mantle? I’ll even try to provide an illustration of a mantle for you and others.

I might call this a “Christmas Collaborative Celebration”, but you don’t have to be a Christian to participate. This is all about:

• Self-expression.

• Good will.

• Compassion, tolerance, beauty, the power of faith, the joy in your soul, no reservations.

If any of the above strikes a resonant chord, then GOOD! It’s a terrific start for an ornament, or a menorah for the mantle, or a shining star drawing to guide us, you get the idea.

It’s about love at the end of the year, because far too many of us have endured the pain of a flood, hurricane, or other natural disaster, or a man-made disaster, or the strong preying on the weak…and we owe it to ourselves to take a deep, fresh breath and renew ourselves.
    And I hear artwork is a pretty good cathartic avenue.

Let your love out.

Do it with a pen tool or whatever.

How’s that for guidelines?

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 06 November 2012 at 10:55 PM.
    IP