Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Design and Size ( Exporting )....

Example: I have an Background Image that is 1228px in Width, 300px in height.

But added to this Background is other images; bricks, bike, towers and the like. To me this makes this background image large, and hence slow to load when page is open.

So here I am, how can I counter such an issue?

Also, would it be wise to design each object, bike, bricks, towers and so on within it's own new file/canvas, or do it all on the same as the Background Image?

Thank you....
    IP

Default Re: Design and Size ( Exporting )....

A large background image is always going to slow down page loading time.

Unless there is a compelling reason for a large image, a solid color is going to help the page load faster. The other images might be OK if they are not too large and if the images have been saved with a fair amount of compression.
    IP

Unless you need to see the background image for positioning the added images, you could try not displaying it. Or, you would only view it as needed. Layer menu, click the eye symbol.

Faster yet is to use the lowest layer for the background image, place all other images on one or more higher layers and display them as needed.

I use a relatively modest computer. An image of those dimensions do not cause unnecessary slow-downs.

Take care, Mike
    IP

Mike - I'm not sure what application Mooapo is using.
    IP

Yeah, I made the assumption it was Illy as this is the section the OP chose to post. Profile says None for Xara software.

Take care, Mike
    IP