Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Folders structure wd premium 7

Greetings all,

Few things here, I hope it isn't much to ask.
    I have web designer premium 7 and it works well, I was
    trying to find a description of the file-folder structure, as there were a few
    similar named folders that confused me when I went to check where my
    saved files went. In other words some advise on keeping two different website
    projects seperate and knowing where all the files are. I did read the manual, maybe I need to
    review it, but I did not see a specific breakdown of what wd 7 file types and extensionsare
    actually involved inherent to the program. Was hoping a more experienced user could
    point some of this out. Also, I had found a bunch of files under the "hood"
    such as...
    opendoclist_000001ck_webdesignerepremium.txt
    I deleted them, might have been from trying to open already deleted files and thus they were
    created or some other closing error? Everything is fine just thought good to know. I lost my
    notes to original file-structure questions, so I had to re-create it and my wd 7 is off my computer right now.
    I was going to go to the web designer 8, so i'm trying to keep that in mind but
    would like to have some input about my wd 7 question.

Thanks for all suggestions.
    arder4

Default Re: Folders structure wd premium 7

I have a separate Websites folder in My Documents where I save all of my website files.

It's a pain in the butt to have to navigate to this folder every time I upload changes to any of the sites, but at least I know exactly where they are.

It has been requested that the publish folder location be saved in the Xara document but whether or not this gets implemented is something we'll have to wait and see.