Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What does this mean?

Every time I open WD MX I get this little popup before the programme opens: "This version of Xara Web Designer MX Premium is currently not registered for .WEB files. Do you want to register it?" What on earth else would it be registered for if not for .WEB files? Thanks, Pamela

Default Re: What does this mean?

.WEB is the xara web disigner native file format - that is it is the file format that you save your work to, and you should always do this as if you just export to html you will not be able to edit afterwards

the message is telling you that windows has not been told to automatically open these files with web designer MX when you click on them - it usually appears when you have another version of web designer or graphics designer installed to which .WEB files are assigned, they can only be assigned to one version

[assigned in windows registry => registered]

That's interesting. Is it not enough that in my (PC) control panel, the .web files are registered to open with WD MX Premium? I do have WD 7 and Xara Photo & Graphic Design loaded. It's not a big deal. I was just curious. Thanks for responding.

ok - like I say if you have more than one version it will ask until you say either 'yes' [when automatic opening will be transferred] or 'no' [when automatic opening will stay with the existing program that opens .WEB files] - choice is yours