Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cant see pics or text I add when preview to an existing page no matter what I do?

Hello I have designer pro7 and I have tried to add an item and some text to my website. After I added the new picture and description, when I preveiew I can not see the item or text, its just blank background? It kept putting the items I added to the mouse over layer, I moved them in to mouse off layer and still nothing? I also selected then selected "move to layer in front" nothing still when I preview the webpage? I can see it all fine before I try and preview?

Even if I copy n item thats already there I cant see it when I preview?

Default Re: Cant see pics or text I add when preview to an existing page no matter what I do

It sounds like the objects/content that you cannot see is on another layer, such as the mouse over layer.

In the Page and Layer Gallery, make sure the MouseOff layer for the page that you are having problems with is selected.

Select all the objects that are not appearing in preview and Cut them (Edit > Cut) them to the clipboard.

Then Edit > Paste > Paste in Place.

Now preview the page and see if everything is there.

Default Re: Cant see pics or text I add when preview to an existing page no matter what I do

I tried that but it didnt work. All the items are in the mouse off layer. When I click the "hide" they all go invisable like they should on the mouse off layer?

I have still been trying to figure it out. It seems I can not see any new text ,pics etc when I add to the page and then preview? If I copy an items already there it does not show in preview either? I can only move the items that are already on the page? The items are in the correct mouse off layer?

Can you attach your file here so we can take a look?

Or if the site is too large, create a duplicate (Save As...) with a new name. Delete all but one problem page and upload that.

A lot of the time it is easier to figure out what is happening by looking at the actual Xara document file (.web or .xar).

OK,................I saved a copy like you said. then proceeded to deleate all the "non problem pages" to just have the one page I am having issues with.

Ok,..........I am down to the one page...Now I deleated one add to cart button and tried preview and all the items I added were there?

Is there some kind of limit per page of items or capacity? Becasue I deleated one add to cart button and it was fixed? Its almost like I was over my limit of items on the page so when i deleated the button it gave room for the other items?

Ok, it was some kind of glitch? All I did was deleate 1 buy it now button and put the buy it now button right back from the shopping cart I am using and everything is perfect? Its like that 1 button was causing the whole problem. I deleated other buttons to see and it was only the 1 that solved the problem? But when I deleated it and uploaded the same new button everything was fine? Man what a weird problem??