Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Drawing

Default Re: Gun Drawing

Thanks for sharing. I am currently going through "The Official Guide" because I need to learn how to use the tool better.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    You may want to go through some of Frances tuts, she is one of best at demonstrating textures and clouds for backgrounds and her tuts are user friendly. Hope this helps.
    Good info but do you have a link to her tuts? I clicked on her YouTube link in her "signature" but did not see the ones you mentioned. I think this is a critical step in creating good looking images. I am sure having fun learning this tool.

Oh yeah, once again. Your gun is really good looking and I appreciate you sharing it with us.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The Fabulous Fractals tutorial I did for the Xara Xone is probably what Paul is thinking of. I am also going to be working on a new video series see here that might be of interest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

That appears to be a Beretta, if I'm right they can be converted to left handed by removing the clip release and reversing it to the right side, Nice weapon.

Merv

very cool.. but it's a little violent :P.. just kidding

Very nice finish on the gun metal.

My next project is going to be a side view of the M240. light squad automatic.

Could you give me any pointers Paul on achieving a similar finish.

Your gradients and highlights are superb.

The project that you are talking about is quite an undertaking, it's quite a weapon. I look forward to seeing the completed project.

Thank you TKI, you are the 1st one that mentioned about the gun itself. I am attaching a working file with some of the parts of the gun I drew. In addition, I created a gradient box for you to see the gradient range that I am using. The only other thing I would recommend is to use shapes for your shading instead of the shadow tool. Keep a close eye on the lighting and try not to use flat colors. I always use a linear, circular or oval gradients on all my shapes.

Hope this helps,

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gun Patts.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	92312  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for that Paul.

You are as always a benefit to those in this forum.

Tim