Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

as the subject states, can Xara help? I have approximately 200 higher res jpg images that need to be res-reduced for web consumption. I can easily do it 1 by 1, but thought it would be great if Xara could somehow help. Or any other ideas? many thanks, drew..

as the subject states, can Xara help? I have approximately 200 higher res jpg images that need to be res-reduced for web consumption. I can easily do it 1 by 1, but thought it would be great if Xara could somehow help. Or any other ideas? many thanks, drew..

Download XnView and setup the jpg configeration in batch convert and away you go

Hi Drew,

Or go to virualzone.biz and download jpegresizer. Nice little free program to do massive amounts of resizing quickly and easily.

Get Irfan View. Aside from batch conversions it is useful for a variety of tasks. And it is free...

thanks everyone, i decided to try out IrfanView, and so far, excellent results. It took a bit to figure out how to have the bulk conversion to recreate the folder structure of the output to match the input, but once i got that, excellent!!

One missing item amongst the many options for IrfanView is the ability to have a target file size. This would likely be tough, but would be a very useful option. Thus perhaps within an acceptable range (%-wise), the program could adjust jpg compression to meet the required file size.. Oh well, gosh, this was tons better than doing by hand, thanks again, drew..

Hi Drew,

Try the jpegresizer... You can adjust the size to suit your. Set the longest side to 400%, then tell it where to put the small pics and that's it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	9533