Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Help

Hybrid View

Default Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Jbruce

I would create a PDF or PDF/X file. If you have used any specific fonts that your client does not have, you can convert your text to editable shapes (but keep a copy of the document with the fonts not converted in case you need to edit the text).

As Frances mentioned, a PDF document will include all vector objects and can be imported and edited in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

An EPS file is not intended to be edited. EPS files are intended to be "placed" in publishing applications such as InDesign and QuarkXPress, and output for printing.
    Unlike PDFs which are being suggested, EPS files *are* / *were* meant to be edited. PDFs have never been, never intended to be, an editable format--PDFs were intended to be fixed and final formats. That some applications *can* open them for editing to a degree of success ranging from not well to quite well is immaterial.

There are still many, many vendors of clipart and customers who insist upon receiving EPS files. And unfortunately, customers who insist upon a given format often cannot be persuaded to move to another format.

What I would suggest to Jbruce is to find out what application the customer is desiring to edit the design with. And comply with the customer's desire.

Take care, Mike

Default Re: Help

Mike I think you might have answered my question but I dont understand how to convert to a PDF file. Can I do this as I export the file.