Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mouseover for pop-up layers trigger area

Hi all

I'm using MX Premium 8.1.2 fully updated.

I have a photo of a map of UK which has a number of points (stars) placed on it (this is on the mouse off layer).

When the mouse is rolled over each of the stars (places in UK), the respective layer 'climatic information box' is displayed (many individual layers).

Mostly, this works fine as long as the layer settings are set to 'instant'.

Set it to anything else (fade or slide in) and the open rollover layer often sticks and won't 'auto close', despite pointing the mouse at other rollover objects.

Also when rolling over a star which is close to another star, often the 'incorrect' layer is displayed as the 'trigger areas' extend beyond the actual object (a star in this case).

When the mouse rolls off the trigger area, depending on which direction the mouse arrow is moved, the trigger area appears to have grown and 'auto close' function is irregular. This means the mouse often has to be moved quite a way from the object before it can be pointed at an another object.

My question is .... can the trigger area (for open and auto close layer) for an object (not text), be set or adjusted and if so how is this done?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Mouseover for pop-up layers trigger area

Instead of linking the stars to the layers (and I like to like with the Website Properties > Mouse-over > Show pop up photo option) use small square placed over the star and set the transparency to 0%. Link the square to the layer.

I'm not sure but this kind of link might work better with the transitions.

Default Re: Mouseover for pop-up layers trigger area

Thanks for the idea. It really would be a pain to have to do this as there are 64 weather stations in UK, so 64 stars.

Be so much easier if the trigger area could be manually adjusted or was to made to fit within the shape's boundary lines.