Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can I add a thumbnail background picture to my MP4 video?

Hi,

Have Web designer MX Premium V8.01 running XP Pro.

I dragged an MP4 video file I created with Camtasia Studio 8 onto my page. the video came across well...it made the placeholder size just fine...and it uploaded and played the video wonderfully...BUT...there is not a thumbnail background image on the video...it appears as a gray box with a play arrow.

Is there a way I can get a thumbnail associated with the video in Xara? Turn a switch? Place a file? Change Code?

The thumbnail coming from Camtasia has a picture of the first frame...and I get this first frame as a background when I look at the video inside of Camtasia editor and on their browser based test render.

Thanks

Suzzie

Default Re: Can I add a thumbnail background picture to my MP4 video?

place a jpeg of the first frame exported in camtasia or start and stop the mp4 in preview it and do a capture place it behind the player and you need to change the code with the transparent tag below

see here

an extra wmode="transparent" tag has to be added to the embed area, thus:

< object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" width="100%" height="100%" id="standAlone" align="middle">
    < param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    < param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    < param name="movie" value="index_htm_files/standAlone_omk.swf?url=m1introedit3.mp4&amp;sound= true&amp;loop=false&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay= false&amp;swfborder=true" />
    < param name="quality" value="high" />
    < param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />
    < param name="menu" value="false" />
    < embed src="index_htm_files/standAlone_omk.swf?url=m1introedit3.mp4&amp;sound= true&amp;loop=false&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay= false&amp;swfborder=true" quality="high" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" width="100%" height="100%" name="standAlone" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    < video src="index_htm_files/m1introedit3.mp4" controls width="100%" height="100%"></video>
    < /object>
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Default Re: Can I add a thumbnail background picture to my MP4 video?

Scruffy,

Thanks for the help and info. Good News!

The "wmode transparent" code was already included in the code that Xara made when I dragged the MP4 file onto the page... and an automatic placeholder was created for me by Xara.

You were correct...all I had to do then was to place a small .png image directly behind the gray placeholder for the video. I dragged and placed that thumbnail image on the placeholder... and then moved its layer position down one step below the html container so the image was behind it. The thumbnail then showed up properly in the Xara page... and it also showed up in the web site.

Fixed!

Problem solved!

Thank You Scruffy.

Suzzie