Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Shape Builder enhancement (save parameters initially used)

I'd like to user to be able to go back and add to an existing object which was created with the shape builder similar to the capabilities of Illustrator's Blob Brush.

I realize this not a live effect, but when an object is initially created, couldn't the parameters found in the InfoBar for the tool be saved to an XML file (in manner similar to how parameters are saved for photo editing)?

Thus, when an ojbect is selected and the Shape Builder tool active, the user could pick on icon in the Info Bar to restore the Shape Builder parameters. OR with the Shape Builder tool active, click on an object while holding a modifier key.
    Last edited by jclements; 24 July 2012 at 05:24 PM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Shape Builder enhancement (save parameters initially used)

If I get you right what you want is if you have an object that you drew with a say 40 pix nib and 80% softness to be able to select that object later after drawing something else with different settings and have the shapebuilder too; go back to the settings for you 40px/80% shape?

That's something I'd like to see as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Shape Builder enhancement (save parameters initially used)

Yes, if an object is made with the Shape Builder tool, then "tack on" the initial SBTool settings to the object. The current SBTool's settings could be reset to match the object's initial settings.