I fully agree with Harri on this one. We could also add CorelTEXTURE and CorelCAPTURE to the list of seemingly "futile" inclusions in the past. But the fact of the matter is that SOMEONE out there will use a lot these features. The person doing print layout will have absolutely no use for RAVE - and that's fine.

But... what of the people that produce on many different formats? To me personally, I think that RAVE will be a very welcome addition - anyone that has tried to use the native art tools in Flash will most likely be fast to admit that they aren't without their shortcomings (although some, I will admit, are pretty nice). Hopefully they'll also incorporate lingo support into RAVE.

I don't use CAPTURE or TEXTURE or TRACE or scripts or the VB addons or the barcodes or the label wizards. But I'm sure that they're valuable tools - and am personally glad that Corel has the family jewels to admit that people are using their program(s) for multiple purposes. They COULD have tunnel vision (Adobe???) and then we'd all be screwed.

But what this all comes down to in the end is that Corel continues to pack one heck of a bundle into what is still a very attractive price point - regardless of what you may or may not use in the package. How many programs do you use that are as powerful as this suite that you can upgrade for less than $300??? The alternative would be to offer everything separately - but then people would complain that they're being nickled & dimed to death. If we had to buy Draw for $300 or $400 and PhotoPaint for another $300, I'm sure "it" would all hit the fan very fast. And when you consider the logistics of designing and producing packaging, then shipping two products as opposed to bundling them in one, I don't think we'd see a huge price break if these extras weren't included.

So... let's all just be happy with the impending new release - I think it sounds like a winner - and I can't wait for November to roll around! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]