Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu Changes not Publishing...

Hi,

I added some URL's to my menus and for some reason they are not going through when I publish. The only thing that I have done differently, that shouldn't matter I believe, is that I selected "repeat on all pages" for the menu. I hit refresh on the page(s) to ensure that it wasn't cached as the old version but still no dice. From a publish perspective my host is pretty much instantanous.

http://www.tradevet.com/kwnm/index.htm (whole bunch still show "javascript").

Ideas?

EZ

Default Re: Menu Changes not Publishing...

Nevermind. Just published over my main website versus putting in to a subfolder. Lovely fixing now...

Default Re: Menu Changes not Publishing...

What can happen sometimes is if you publish your first site as index.html and then forget to add the extension and republish, Xara automatically adds the extension .htm. Browsers look first for an index.html file and if they don't find it, they look for index.htm. If both are present, no matter which index file is newer, the browser gives precedence to index.html.

One more thing that can cause problems is many web hosts, and browsers cache recently viewed pages on your computer (this makes the page load faster). But this can lead to the old page being loaded instead of the latest version.

Press the F5 function key of to force a reload press Ctrl F5. This reloads the page and often reveals those changes you did not think were made.