Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Importing themes from XWD6 to XWD7P

Now that i have got XWD7 Premium, can you tell me the best way if it's possible to import the website themes ' (TP1)Gradient, (TP1)Webzine, (TP1)Zeta and also the (TP1)Web graphics & panels ' from XWD6 to XWD7P website themes, at the moment im creating these sites in 6 and then opening up in 7

Thanks

Default Re: Importing themes from XWD6 to XWD7P

Just add them to your Designs Gallery in WD7 (Disc Designs>Add Folder to gallery browse to the location of your WD6 TP1 themes, then press 'Add')

Hmmm...can't seem to locate it, i've found a folder called XaraTemplatePack1_v6 but it does not load any templates, can't seem to find these templates anywhere, I know they are here somewhere

They are located in the clipart folder: C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Web Designer 6\Clipart

Thanks for that jamesd, I have now found them but when i hit the add button, it won't add them, i've even tried copy and pasting them, even though they are now in the right place, XWD7 still will not show them in the website themes dropdown

XWD7 still will not show them in the website themes dropdown
    It won't show add them to the Website Themes dropdown but to the end of the Designs Gallery you will see the location eg:
    C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Web Designer 6\Clipart\Zeta.

If you copied and pasted them to WD7 clipart folder, using the Disc designs locate the WD7 clipart folder and select update. I'm not sure if this will add all new folders otherwise you will need to add them separately.

If that fails maybe if you contact Xara they will give you a compatible TP1 installation file.
    Last edited by jamesd; 05 August 2011 at 08:58 PM.

Hi all, i know it's been a while since the last post, but i've still not managed getting the themes transfered acroos from WD6 to WD7, up till now im still having to open WD6 to get my template to use, saving it and any graphics required for the template etc and then opening it up in WD7 to finish the job, its now getting a pain in the butt doing this i have been in contact with Zara regarding this, but have said the same thing as mentioned above in the other replies, so does anyone have any thoughts on this, many thanks if you can help on this matter

skully..
    I have the same problem trying to add the Webdesigner 6 web templates to the Designer 8 MX Prem Design Gallery. So what I did was copy the Clipart folder from C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Web Designer 6\Clipart to C:\Clipart. Then I select File - Open and then go to the Clipart folder and select the file(s) I want. Then save them using Designer 8 - then I can modifiy them as I want in the newer version.

Waltn
    Last edited by Waltn; 10 July 2012 at 10:38 PM.