Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Transparent object with feather

I have thought bravely that would like to make a simple card with sunset, so
    1) took a picture how a sunset looks at all above water
    2) drew a rectangle and reproduced around the color transitions of the sun as an Elliptical fill
    3) drew a rectangle for the water, applying fractal fill and transparency Stained glass to reflect the sun maybe, after feathered the edges

And here would be the question, it seems a horizont of the water is always rather a sharp line at sunsets, and in the meantime my water is feathered So how to make a trasparent feathered object on one side sharp, but in other way staying transparent feathered. My first thought was to Ctrl - K cloning of course and make it almost a line, but maybe there is one step method.

Also makes me thinking that the Stained glass transparency gives a kind of "shine bridge" for the sun reflection on the water, but that should be somehow stronger..

Sunset.xar

Thanks,

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Transparent object with feather

Hi csehz, your profile shows you have DPX so you can easily do this with the eraser tool. Set the softness really low but not to zero, about 3 will do, this will cause the eraser to produce an opacity mask. use the smallest nib, click and hold down the alt key to constrain the eraser tool to a straight line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi Angelize, do you mean I should select somehow a color for the eraser tool, because for me that is always white.

its really pretty but you need more purple and orange to give the sunset feel of it all

No you select the feathered object it's self. By giving the eraser a softness value it will cause the eraser to use an opacity mask instead of actually editing the shape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eraser feathered shape.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	90497
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Ah thanks I understand

..Anyway also thanks your water tutorial from Xaraxone

You are very welcome I am always glad to help, and I am glad that the tutorial was helpful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]