Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Purchase of Web Designer MX Premium 8 CD

I've just installed Windows XP Professional and Parallels Desktop 7 and am waiting for Xara Web Designer MX Premium 8 to arrive by mail.

Dave
    Last edited by handrawn; 24 June 2012 at 03:54 PM.

Default Re: MAC USERS OUT THERE?

You don't have to wait for the CD, you can unlock the trial version right now with your license key.

Thanks Sledger. Unfortunately, I bought it from a guy in London, about five days ago. "No tracking information available." I've just emailed him to send the license key. If the transaction is a scam, I should know pretty soon.

Dave

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello Dave Welcome to Talkgraphics. I went through the process of transferring a license code a couple of years ago. If the sale is legit he will need to contact Xara and they will transfer the license from him to you and you will need to open a Xara account through Xara.com. Then Xara will transfer the license to your account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I doubt anyone will be selling a legit CD of Xara Web Designer MX Premium except Xara (who may not even have sent them out yet)
    If you're in London, my advise would have been to have purchased from Xara. Best of luck, hope he's not selling a pirated copy burned to a CD

You are right Steve and there won't be a CD unless it is pirated because the web designer programs are download only. It's only Photo and Graphics Designer and Designer Pro that you get CDs and like you said they may not have them ready for mailing yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

There are CDs for WD MX/Premium if you chose the option at the time of purchase.
    http://www.xara.com/us/products/webdesigner/buy/

Doh! I forgot about the backup CD option
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[QUOTE=angelize;447647]You are right Steve and there won't be a CD unless it is pirated because the web designer programs are download only.

Angelize, did you just hear the WHAP! of my right palm encountering my forehead? How could I miss that? It was an ebay purchase, of course. The seller's posting shows the Magix box. (I kinda doubt, sledger, that the seller purchased a real CD when he bought the thing.) And, even more absurd --I don't know what's gotten into me.-- what with its shipping cost from London to here in VA, I wound up paying only slightly less than what Magix charges. I'm going to wait till tomorrow to see about next steps.

Dave

Just a footnote to my last post. For whatever it's worth, Magix Web Designer MX is sold as a physical product in the U.K. Just found out.

Dave