Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Excel Spreadsheet or Chart on web page

Hi

I would like to embed an Excel spreadsheet or chart into a web page, which will update every time the Excel file is re-saved on my computer. I am aware how to save as a web page in Excel and the auto republish option, but am not sure how to place the content into a page in Designer Pro 7. Should I be using a placeholder? If yes, what sort of HTML code should I be using?

Thanks in anticipation
    Kevin

Default Re: Excel Spreadsheet or Chart on web page

Have you considered using Google docs spread sheets and embedding that via an iframe? (Embed a website widget)
    This way the spread sheet will update on your site as soon as you save the changes at Google docs.

You could try using JSON Data it's a site that allows you to store data and then gives you an embed code to post to any webpage, it also provides live streaming.

It's still in beta so let me know your thoughts!
    Last edited by mblaeser; 21 June 2012 at 11:01 PM.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

OK. Explain how this works with Xara products? For example, the original question relates to embedding an Excel spreadsheet into a web page. How would the member do this with JSON Data?

I had the same request from a client, they wanted a Spreadsheet that Joe Public could use online. He did not want to 'give it away' by offering a (zipped) download option. The way I found was to use Zoho Sheets, this allows users to use the spreadsheet without downloading anything nor leaving the webpage. There IS an option to allow downloading if requested, but in this case, it is turned off. I understand this is not a perfect solution, as the visitor has to use the "click to edit' button, ( a security feature I believe), but after that, it works how it should. Please see here> http://gpstrackusa.com/roi.htm

excel spreadsheet would be the best, for you its easy to use and its very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

OK. Explain how this works with Xara products? For example, the original question relates to embedding an Excel spreadsheet into a web page. How would the member do this with JSON Data?
    Excellent question! To answer, this site allows you to import your data from an excel spreadsheet and once imported it gives you a universal embed code so the need to hard-code disappears. Again it's still in beta so I would love for you to check out the site as well and any comments or suggestions are much appreciated.