Good job GW, this is something I have been looking for for a while, a way to create a site with Xara that looks OK on a mobile phone. This site is better than the one we looked at earlier from abi, that one kept sliding left and right, not 'locked' in that orientation. This one is the most promising yet, as it seems more 'locked' in portrait mode and fits nicely into my iPhone screen. One slight hiccup with the android version is that it needed a refresh or double tap to get the page to fit and then it was very slightly wide for the screen, and this was a big 4.5 incher, but nicely 'locked' again after that.
I checked the source-code to see that you used Xara before i got too excited, as I was always hoping there was a way to get Xara involved in my mobile site creation. The menu works very well too, it looks like a great introduction to mobile sites on my favo(u)rite (BRIT living in USA) forum. Thank you for sharing it with us most Emeritus Dude, Sir. ( Too much to ask for details? or is this just a project or would you sell the template to us?)