Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Template not Installed

Hi,
    I've changed computers and moved my Xara web designer 6 to the new one. However, when I am attempting to open templates in the design gallery, the dialogue box says that the templates are not installed. I have downloaded the templates but I don't know how to install them. I must have done it before on the old computer but I can't remember.

Any help appreciated - Take note - I'm no computer whizz so go easy on the jargon and techno speak.

Thanks and best regards,
    eoinmc

Default Re: Template not Installed

All is Ok. Problem solved. It's so easy when you know how, but it took me about 24hours because I didn't. Odd that no one using the forum seemed to know what to do when it was so simple - or maybe they decided that my question was too stupid or something so they choose not to extend a helping hand. Odd. Ah well.. what can you do?

well you could say what the solution was - which may help others

sorry that no-one on the web side answered your question immediately, but it is a user forum you know, all volunteers and none of us perfect
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Too true handrawn, and I have to say that someone had always come to my rescue in the past, so I take back and apologise for the negative vibe I put out in my last thread.

As for how did I solve my problem? Well I did say it was easy. I went to my download folder, where I had downloaded the templates to, and clicked on the downloaded xara file, windows asked me if I wanted to run the file. I did and...hey presto... job done.
    Best regards,
    eoinmc

thanks for that

the gallery system has changed in the new version as I understand - but I don't build websites myself so I have not got that far yet - now, when I do, I will remember they do not install in the background after downloading
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...