Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
As Gary wrote, it depends on the application. I suppose one could place whole words into positions reserved for ligatures, still takes a key combination to activate them and it fully is dependent upon applications that can use Open Type features.

Another possibility is if the application can utilize character styles is to swap the font for the desired words/characters.

As most businesses have Word or another application that can utilize macros, that is the cleanest means of accomplishing the task, though. It would help if we all actually knew how many squiggles were needed and what they accomplish.

Take care, Mike

I'm afraid the customer doesn't realize the enormity of what's being asked! It's intended to be a new alphabet, to simplify spelling, and the squiggles are all extra U/case and L/Case vowel sounds, and one or two other things. Some of them are modified versions of existing ones. Others have never existed before. So the intention is that there's all the normal stuff on the keyboard, and this extra stuff, and it must all be reachable in as few strokes as possible, and as logically as possible. So the intention is tha it can be used anywhere.

I'm starting to think ' create the font, complete with all the extra stuff, then actually write a keyboard driver specially for it.'

And I want my mummy.

Staggers