Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how to add html 5?

plesae could anyone help me , i have a swf file i made for home page ,i want to convert
    this .swf to html5 which i have done ,how do i add it to mypage i does not seem to work using plce holder , my reason for doing this is because i want ipads/apple uses to
    see my page correctly .
    thanks for any help

mike

Default Re: how to add html 5?

Hi Mike

If the output is a complete HTML5 file then you will need an iframe place holder.

Code:
    <iframe src ="path2file.html" width="100%" height="100%">
      <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
    </iframe>
    Are you using Swiffy ?

thanks for help i've been away so just got message
    regards mike

Hi Drwyd,

Im using Web designer 7 premium and also trying to add an HTML object.

I've added a placeholder, and inserted the following code into the HTML Body secton of this:

<div id="regainebannerwithvideo_hype_container" style="position:relative;overflow:hidden;width:126 0px;height:400px;">
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="Regaine%20banner%20with%20Video_Resources/regainebannerwithvideo_hype_generated_script.js?59 030"></script>
    </div>

Once added, nothing displays on the site preview in any browser.
    The resources folder is currently in the Index_html_files folder and the HTML file is in with the Index.html and other pages.

I did mange to get it working yesterday evening but stupidly didnt save whatever it was that made it work!

Any ideas?!

Hi Chris

The DIV is probably not necessary as the placeholder is itself a DIV. If the ID is referred to anywhere you can name the placeholder which will add the ID to the DIV code.

The CSS styling may cause problems. Just give the placeholder the correct dimensions (w1260 x h400).

The spaces in "Regaine banner with Video_Resources/regainebannerwithvideo_hype_generated_script.js" may be better off as underscores.

Hi Drwyd,

huge thanks for your reply.
    Apologies for sounding like a complete nonce, but ive no idea what any of the above means (i started using the software on Saturday and have no previous experience of web design!)

Is it possible to get the above in Lamens terms?

Smile Re: how to add html 5?

Copies to test.zip

Quick Update -

i've re-read your instructions and have increased the Placeholder size to match.

Now, when inspecting the broken element in Google chrome preview, it states that it is 'unable to load resource'.

The resource folder is in the Index_html_files folder. should the resources be somewhere else?

I've uploaded the HTML5 documents to this post i think) so you can see for yourself that they do work!
    Last edited by chrisprice1988; 28 March 2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Adding attachments

The code seems to work as is. see attached files.
    Attached Files Attached Files