Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sorry to end up gushing about Xara. First time I used it so I was excited.
    About importing vector art to Photoshop, the obvious question would be why vector? Photoshop is a primarily a bitmap image editing software, so if you're planning to use it's effects, you'd have to convert your vector art to bitmap format anyway. Just no way around it. You'd have to jack up the resolution to get rid of the jagged edges, but you already know that. If you want to keep the clean vector edges and small file sizes but looking for effects Xara don't have, it would be more sensible to try to get it into Illustrator perhaps.
    Just my two cents.
    I'll go and stand in my corner now.
    IP

LOL
    Grafixman
    that was what needed to be said in the first
    place
    IP

Hi Grafixman,
    Glad to see you finally tried XaraX ... I liked your logo entries in the Xara gallery.

I generally keep XaraX and CorelDRAW running all day long. Between the two I can do 99% of what I need.

-Ed.
    IP

Hi,
    if you are working with ai files, you have no problem. AI formats are be able import to the Photoshop very easy. When you are working in Corel, export your vector to AI format and than import to photoshop. If you have some problems with import AI, open AI file in Adobe Illustrator, and presave them and import without problems to the photoshop. That´s all.
    miress
    [you see it]
    IP

Miress; "if you are working with ai files, you have no problem. AI formats are be able import to the Photoshop very easy."

As bitmaps, yes of course, as vectors - no. The only way to _keep_ vector shapes/paths in PS is via the copy/paste routine I describe above.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>As bitmaps, yes of course, as vectors - no. The only way to _keep_ vector shapes/paths in PS is via the copy/paste routine I describe above. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I agree...
    miress
    [you see it]
    IP