Gary

Snapping has changed drastically and for the better in my opinion in V12.

The last version to have snapping that worked accurately was Draw 9 (with SP2 and V8 snapping compatibility mode enabled).

Since V10 snapping has been truly awful, Corel changed the one snap point to many mode of operation to many snap points in the object to be moved to many snap points elsewhere in the drawing. This works for simple shapes, but when snapping complex objects it resulted in a mess you could never be sure where things would end up.

In V12 it has resorted back to the one snapping point in the object to be moved to many destination snap points. And it is really good.

Make sure you have enabled the show snapping point markers. When picking a shape to be moved you can't just pick it up from anywhere you have to pick it up from a snap point location it is this and only this point that will snap to elsewhere in the drawing. It works every single time and no matter how close you zoom in it is always spot on, in my experience

If you have the time here are a couple of tutorials in flash format (2 megabytes each) that show the new mode in operation, I work with snapping threshold on medium

HTH

Peter

Two Minute Nut

Two Minute Isometric Nut