Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello, everyone, hope you don't mind a question from a newcomer. I too received Painter Classic with the Wacom Graphire, and can't figure out how to view more than one colour at a time on a palette. Is there not a record of previously or recently used colours so I don't have to try to "create" the same colour over and over within the same picture? I realize the dropper can pick up a previously used colour, but I had expected there'd be a palette with more than primary and secondary colours! In the Adobe Photoshop program which was also included, there are at least swatches to choose from. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you.
    IP

Hello, everyone, hope you don't mind a question from a newcomer. I too received Painter Classic with the Wacom Graphire, and can't figure out how to view more than one colour at a time on a palette. Is there not a record of previously or recently used colours so I don't have to try to "create" the same colour over and over within the same picture? I realize the dropper can pick up a previously used colour, but I had expected there'd be a palette with more than primary and secondary colours! In the Adobe Photoshop program which was also included, there are at least swatches to choose from. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you.
    IP

Hi,

I can't find a Color Set in Painter Classic, nor is there a way to load one (that I can find).

I'd suggest opening a new Canvas, then setting up a small set of color swatches and saving that as a file. You can open it and have it on the screen while working on another image, using the Eyedropper to pick colors. This way, you can have any number of your own custom color sets that correspond with the image you're working on. This, actually, is not much different from the custom Color Sets that can be created in full Painter versions, except that those are a bit more automated and quicker to create.

Just use the Rectangular Selection tool to draw a square selection, then fill it with the current color using the Paint Bucket tool.

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Hi Maggie and welcome. New people are always welcome to the group and we were all new to painter at some time.
    Jinny is right, there is no way to build color pallets in Classic, her method seems to be a good work around. I am attaching a sample pallet. You could make files like these and name them for each project you are working on or just build one file using just your own custom colors.
    The very best way to get around this type of problem is to move up to the full Painter program.

Regards
    Greg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maggie's_Pallet.JPG 
Views:	274 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	9045  
    IP

monnabat

hmm...minimalist geometric abstraction. interesting. this a new direction for you?

stecyk66 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Stecyk,
    This is minimalist geometric abstraction.(As I see it)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maggie's_Pallet2.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	11778  
    IP

Hi Maggie,
    Please excuse the tomfoolery, we get carried away at times.
    Regards,
    Greg.

P.S.
    I am old enough to use a word like tomfoolery and get away with it.
    IP