Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Template download problem - new Web Designer 7 premium version 7.1.2.18680

Ugh! Downloaded software from site, copied in the serial number and unlocked it successfully...I think but get

"The installation is only possible after unlocking Xara Web Designer 7 Premium."

when trying to install the templates (content pack).

It seemed pretty clear that the trial software "unlocked" with the serial number emailed to me as I was able to run "Update program" with the full version from the "Help" menu and many more files installed.

However, when I try to download the templates, I get the message above saying I need to unlock the software. I am running windows 7, 64 bit OS.

I put in a ticket yesterday and have gotton no response. I called their office and eventually got the recording, "no one is available to take your call" and they hung up! I don't like how this is going. Is this normal? I want to use this software for a new project and need to work on it over this Christmas Holiday period.

Any advise out there on my problem or how to get support for this product?

Thanks,
    Bryan

Default Re: Template download problem - new Web Designer 7 premium version 7.1.2.18680

I had the same problem and support took a couple days to respond but here is a copy of what they emailed me to do. It might work for you as well since you are using the same OS.

Please uninstall Web Designer 7 Premium from Windows using the standard Windows feature - Add/Remove Programs if you're using Windows XP, or Programs and Features if you're using Windows Vista or 7.

Then, download both of the file below and save them to your desktop. Don't run them yet
    http://downloads.xara.com/support/ve.../wdp7/wdp7.exe
    http://downloads.xara.com/support/ve...p7_content.exe

Next, ensure that all secuirty based applications have been disabled, including all anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware, registry checkers etc prior to starting the installation.

Right click on the file wdp7.exe and select 'Run as Administrator' to run the installation.

Once installed run the program and activate it using the same serial number and email address as before, then click 'Activate and Regsiter Online Immediately'.

Close the program.

Then right click on the wdp7_content.exe file and select 'Run as Administrator' to run the installation for the templates. This should then install successfully.
    Use this at your own risk! It worked for me but I don't know if it will work for others. The one thing I have not done is to update the software after following the directions above.

Hope this helps.
    Ken

Default Re: Template download problem - new Web Designer 7 premium version 7.1.2.18680

Thank-you Ken for passing on the instructions. I used the files support sent me but followed your install instructions and it worked. I am up and running!

Thanks again!
    bryan

Thanks this workaround fixed the same problem for me too!