Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Form Builder for Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    I use another application to create a form that emails the results and stores to a database file (Net Objects Fusion). I then upload the finished form/page to the server. Go back to Xara WD or X7 and use the iframe widget and display the form in an iframe. It works flawlessly for me EVERY time in Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
    Thanks - I'll give it a try.

I'm sure the folks at NetObjects will love to hear this, Avalon.

I have been thinking the very same thing as ghol. As a contrast...I have created some websites using competitor (albeit less sophisticated),Web Creator Pro 4 & 5 in the past and they have one thing I would like xara WD to have...a very nice drag and drop form builder integrated in the package. I have been a Xara Extreme/Pro user for four years and finishing my first WD site with Pro 7 now and having to deal with third party form builder...coffeecup, but only because I have to. I would have preferred to spend an additional $39 on Xara Pro 7 with a forms feature than subscribe to third party software, which will never be as simple to use or fault tolerant as an integrated software platform. When they decide on that feature I will be upgrading.

If you want to continue in the WYSIWIG mode, then I recommend Simfatic forms software. The form builder is very versatile (including calculated fields) and allows WYSWIG design. The software will generate the necessary processing scripts that you can install on your own server so you won't have to rely on any third-party services.