Yes, like I said the end-user is the important person whenever you design something, everything in whichever form of design, be it the 2-d world of print or the web to packaging and product design is there to appeal to the end-user, to entice them into buying it, I for instance don't mind having dark colours for a landscaping company but good design (for the purposes of attracting the end-user at least) dictate that you have predominantly various shades of green, therefore I will design something for the eyes of the end user. You suggest having olive colours is because you are the end-user in the sense that you have formed an opinion about the site just from the colour, as your rightly should. If you read between the lines in my post you will realise that I am agreeing with you. You seem to be taking the fact that some posters have said that they don't mind the darker colour as a personal attack on you saying that you think a lighter more olive colour is better (again I agree with you) When you say "All websites have a purpose" you are right, and that purpose is to sell something or provide information to the end-user, therefore it is about the end-users.