Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: How do I change settings from inches to pixels?

Thanks! That helps a lot!

One other thing I need to figure out.... In my last version of this program, shapes automatically had a .67px line. I liked that. In the lastest version, shapes have no line by default. I'm used to them automatically having a line. How can I change this in the defaults? (I tried using your method above for that, but it didn't stay saved in the template).

I find that in DP7 at any rate setting the line width will work but it only appears when you select a tool :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Yep, you're right. Even when I've saved a shape in the template with a .67px line width and GNOMRA turned on, a new shape drawn in a new file from the template has 0 line width.

[GNOMRA = "Give new object most recent attributes" Utilities | Options | General tab]

The easiest way to maintain your preferred line width is make sure that GNOMRA is turned off, then with nothing selected on the canvas, explicitly enter .67px in the line width field. That will make .67px the default so long as you're working on that file. Unfortunately, you'll have to do that each time you start a file.

Looks like your options are to:

Alternatively, with GNOMRA turned on, you can:
    - save the template with a small shape with the desired line width and fill on the pasteboard.
    - when you go to draw your first shape in a new file, click on the example shape to pick up the line and fill, the select your drawing tool and create your shape.

With that alternative, you won't have to enter the line width each time. However, depending on what you're doing, the line widths for lines and the line widths for shapes may diverge at some point. That has to do with the treatment of outline and fill attributes.