As a long-time Corel cheerleader, I've often wished that journalists would quit saying that a feature is new to Draw when in fact it's been around for years and is actually being improved, not introduced. For instance, in the Internet Eye preview, the ability to have multiple page sizes in the same document is given this treatment, and in the press release provided by Gary, it would appear that Draw now suddenly has preflighting and PhotoPaint now suddenly has a customizable workspace. Oh well, they can't have people who actually use the software 9 hours a day writing the reviews, now, can they?

And while I'm venting my spleen, I agree with Peter that RAVE is about as likely to replace Flash as CMX was to replace EPS and Barista was to replace PDF. Maybe it's comforting that they have the surplus resources up there in Ottawa to waste on this sort of thing?

With all due respect to any Canadians in the audience, this is at once what is so great and yet so frustrating about having a Canadian counterpart to Adobe: Corel's marketing belief that Draw should be everything in one box is most of the time a great boon to people designing in the real (non ad agency) world. But every few years they do something that shows how completely out of touch they are up there.

A worthwhile trade-off, in my opinion.