Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is any one host better for Xara websites?

Hello everyone,
    I am a newbie to Xara and to this forum, and am an 'older vintage' graphic designer making my first ventures into setting up websites. I have done up 3 so far (for friends) using online builders, and now having a number of other people wanting me to also do up sites for them - plus actually get one up and running for myself, I recently purchased Web Designer 7 Premium, feeling it offers excellent creative possibilites - especially to a novice such as myself.
    My question is: Have you found any hosting companies better set up than others (and which would include easier to use) for sites put together using Xara Web Designer?
    Thankyou.

Default Re: Is any one host better for Xara websites?

I come from a similar background but have been at the digital end of it a bit longer.

I have a professional level hosting account with Network Solutions at lets me manage 50 websites. I charge my clients a discounted fee but combined the fees more than pay for the service. This way I can manage all of the websites (specifically hosting the sites) at one location. GoDaddy is another large hosting company that lets you do the same thing. And there are many more in this category.

Thankyou for your reply. There are so many host providers out there I was just getting a little confused by it all - but one of my main concerns was if it was best to choose a Windows hosting rather than Linux? I have narrowed down my search to two hosting companies that seems to offer all I want, plus have very positive reviews ... but the one that I like most only offer Linux. They have told me that a Xara produced site should work as long as it uses FTP for publishing - which I believe Xara does?

From my searches through this forum I get the feeling most are using Windows hosting not Linux? Being as new as I am to everything and wanting the process to be as uncomplicated as I can while on my learning curve - would I be best to opt for Windows hosting?

Many thanks again for any further advice.

Hi Sal, welcome to Talkgraphics.

I believe many if not most web hosting is still on Linux servers and many references for web design are geared to work with those systems.

Unless you specifically need support for Active Server Pages (ASP) or ASP.NET I believe you will be comfortable using a Linux web host.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi,

The best host company's for any system are D9 and Mewebhost I host my thirty sites there for years and never have a problem.

soet