Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page not loading right in preview

I've been using Designer 7 for about 2 months now, making small changes here and there to my website. All of a sudden when previewing the latest changes, when I get to one particular page (4th out of 11) instead of changing quickly as it had always done, the screen goes blank for about 30-40 seconds, then the page appears. If I click to another page and then back to that page there is no problem. The changes were only some text editing and rearranging some shape objects and text boxes. The page causing trouble was not even one of the pages I worked on.This is the "preview mode". My website is fine since I have not yet uploaded my changes. Now I'm afraid to upload (publish) anymore changes for fear of damaging what I have up and running. I have a major online (Groupon type) promotion to take place this Thursday and can't chance any gliches on my site.

I've tried closing the program and rebooting my computer but it continues to happen. Any ideas what can be causing this?
    Last edited by mjw; 09 January 2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: added info

Default Re: Page not loading right in preview

I would export to your hard drive, look for large image files and preview in browser to see if there are any problems there. If that checks out then you should be OK to publish but backup your on-line files first so that you can roll-back if needed.

As for the 40 second pause the first thing I would look for would be scripts.

Place holders that are set to regenerate and multiple live effects can also slow things down.

Default Re: Page not loading right in preview

Works ok now after I deleted a facebook "send" code from the page. I don't know why all of a sudden this link was causing a delay in loading. It had been fine for the past month.