Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Question about Keyboard Dexterity

I could have sworn I added that button I have customized my interface and tweaked it since then, it's hard to remember now what is standard on the interface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

i'll be honest - i didn't even realise you could add your own buttons, that's the only reason i knew that button came as standard, lol
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

shrug, i use my wacom intuos's programmable buttons for the key combos I use most...
    Ron Cavagnaro

I've got a Belkin N52 somewhere in one of my bits boxes, keep meaning to dig it out and set it up for XDP7.

Unfortunately I write with my left hand and mouse with my right so it's no good for me if I wish to use a tablet (no right hand version)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	belkin-2d1-resize.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	86439  

Interesting. I tablet with left hand and mouse with right hand as well...
    Ron Cavagnaro

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Unfortunately I write with my left hand and mouse with my right so it's no good for me if I wish to use a tablet (no right hand version)
    Wacom says its Intuous tablets are ambidextrous: http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Intuos/WhatsNew.aspx

At least one of the Bamboo tablets is, too: http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Bam...ED36EF468&_z=z

No right hand version of the Belkin N52 thanks anyway

Wow that Cintiq 21UX looks useful

Being left-handed, I use the tablet left-handed for sketching & such. However, I am also used to using a regular mouse right-handed. So I frequently find myself using both at the same time, the left hand dedicated to drawing with the tablet, and the right hand dedicated to more traditional mouse functions (selecting things on menus, etc), with my left hand switching to the keyboard when a Ctrl or Shift is needed. I realize that this basically amounts to driving with one foot on the accelerator and one on the brake at the same time, but I don't mind as I'm not as likely to get into a 12 car pileup as a result. At the moment, all the function keys on my tablet are disabled, because I've found they far more often end up getting in the way than are actually useful.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by ad1066 View Post
    all the function keys on my tablet are disabled, because I've found they far more often end up getting in the way than are actually useful.
    ditto, 100% ditto
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'm left handed and used to position both pen and mouse to the left of my keyboard. However, when I replaced my old Wacom Graphite with an Intuos 3 several years ago, there was no room for the mouse on the left, so I moved it to the right and was surprised at how fast I got used to right-handed mousing.

I was not aware that the function keys can be disabled. I hate them; they are just in the way of positioning my left hand. This is news I can use! Thank you.

Lynn
    Gender/Male