yes Harry - no offence, but acurate though that is in every respect it rather misses the point...

if you are drawing freehand it can break your concentration to have to take time out to do that, compared to say just 'press a modifier key and have your freehand[or shape] tool instantly become a 'remover' rather than a 'drawer' - now I am quite appreciate of the guys that make drawings in the 'tortoise' way, but sometimes I wonder if some of them appreciate what its like to be a 'hare' - I'm not saying toonicorn is one or the other, but xara is not really a program for true 'hares' IMO - not for those who want to draw lines that look like they were drawn with sable brushes anyhow - and yes you can do that in xara too with retrospective modification - if you have the time and nothing else to be getting on with..

anyhow the obvious solution for me is not to use xara for this.... I have several programs I don't use that much but I am truely grateful that, on the odd occasion, when I need them, I got them and kept them on-board.. xara will might slide into that catagory generally for me, already has for lineart, in which case I will cease to bore you all with 'best tool for the specific job first', 'swiss army knife second' stuff

take care

[BTW - since the freehand tool already has a strictly limited 'press a modifier key and have your freehand tool instantly become a 'remover' rather than a 'drawer' function I wonder if it would be that hard to implement for lines already laid down, for that tool at least - but its not firm indication of course, I really don't know]

and in case anyone feels inclined to quote Aesop - that was just propaganda 'tha knowst'