Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question 3 Questions about web features.

Hello all.

I am new in town, but starting out with alot of questions.

1. Have the Pro 7 version solved the problem with uploading large websites? I only have Pro 6 atm, but considering upgrading to 7.
    I used to run a fansite, and it was soooo much fun. But when reaching more then 100 pages the problems kicked in. Then the fun stopped since i couldnt add more, so i took it down.

2. When using the live effect Merdi - i get a image with transparent background. Are there any way of removing the alpha/background? Yes i know i can color and dropp shadows as is - but i cant add an outline around the object since it adds it outside the alpha instead of the object.
    I really dont want to manually trase around the hole thingy by hand, since there is alot of small bits and pieces.

3. I see there is a paypal option that can be added to sell seperate images/files. Are there any way to change it so if they pay once they get acces to all the content?
    Yes yes... i know i sound like a noob - and its probally because i AM a noob.

Default Re: 3 Questions about web features.

Are you really Miss Norway? Well if you are or are just calling yourself, Miss Norway, welcome to TalkGraphics.

100 pages in Pro 6? I think the only limitation for the number of pages is determined by your computer memory.

I am not familiar with Merdi. Is there a link to the filter?

If you just select the image with the transparent background and select Create Bitmap Copy (Arrange menu), and select True Color (not True Color + Alpha) the image will have a solid background.

You need to check the PayPal site to set up something like you are asking. But I do not think you can do this.

LOL i surely should have picked another name.

I was not thinking miss as in beauty padgon - more that i am a miss and from Norway.

Making the pages and store it on my local computer was not a problem after 100+ pages - problem was when i uploaded it.

Merdhi is a default live-effect that came with Pro 6 atleast. Problem is i dont want any background at all - not solid - and not transparent. Both prevent me from been able to outline the object unfortunally.

Yeah i guess your correct about the Paypal thingy - i was afraid it was so before i asked - but i had hoped there was a hidden workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Norway View Post
    I was not thinking miss as in beauty padgon - more that i am a miss and from Norway.
    I thought it was because you just miss Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Norway View Post
    Merdhi is a default live-effect that came with Pro 6 atleast.
    you mean "Mehdi - Eraser Classic", yes it is in Pro 7 as well

The only way for you to achieve this is to trace the outline i'm afraid
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

He he. Dont have to miss it since I am still here.

Guess i need to look at another product to achive it. Thats the only thing i really really wish xara would have - the photoshop ability to take out an object from any background. Otherwise i love xara. Its so easy that anyone can have fun using it from day 1, since it dont have a steap learning-curve.
    Friends allways gets impressed when i help them out with graphic stuff - like making christmas cards or whatever. They allways tell me how good I am - but I allways say: Blame it on xara.

Santa? I have a been a good girl (old lady) this year - can you please implant a new way to take out object from an image in xara?

I really dont want to manually trase around the hole thingy by hand, since there is alot of small bits and pieces.
    Sometimes that is the only way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wing.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	86030  

Yeah and it workes nice most of the time, but when i have objects that have alot of small detaljs its to timeconsuming to get a good result - and sometimes almost impossible to get perfect - like hair blowing in the wind...

have you tried corel knockout 2? i personally don't like it but maybe that's because i am so used to tracing by hand in xara that i find switching interfaces a hassle, but you may find it suits your purpose

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corel-KO2ENG.../dp/B000094ADH
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.