Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Backgrounds with graphics and title text

I've got WD7 and would like to know how to get backgrounds with graphics and text on them, similar to this site with its picture of a guitar at the top in the background....

http://www.myguitarshow.com/en/

Is WebDesignerPro7 what I need for that? I can't seem to find how on my WD7 and can't see any mention of it on this page...

http://www.xara.com/uk/products/webdesigner/features/

I'm also having some problems with creating my own navigation bar at the moment. I make the two layers with a mouseover but when I go to the Arrange menu the option for "create navigation bar" is grey for not functioning. I have followed the "Creating your own Navigation Bars" from the help.

any advice much appreciated,

Default Re: Backgrounds with graphics and title text

This recent Workbook may give you some help with the Navigation Bar http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook90/

I think you could accomplish the text over background effect a few ways, none of them particularly easy.

Use one of Covoxer's Tweakset (free download - look at the first or second thread in this forum) to lock the background image. The place a rectangle at the top of your physical page with the corresponding portion of the background image inside the rectangle. Add your text to the rectangle and group the image and text.

Hi Arpeggio

It's easier with DP7 but I believe this can be done with WD7. Neither of them makes this effect straight forward. See here (Second method used in example below) The top half of the page is made invisible using a linear transparency. The <head> code is :-

Code:
    <style type="text/css">

body {
    background: #000066;
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    }

</style>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArpBG.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	85647  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi thanks for the advice I got the navbar now. I'll try those things for the background.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

WD7 premium will allow you to disable the page clipping, I'm not sure if the non premium version does, however with the page clipping disabled you can place photos on the pasteboard and they will show up on the background. You can even tuck items behind your page and have them peeking out by using a rectangle on the mouse off layer above your photos as your page background. You can check out my site Sunwings.info to see an example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.