Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: List Of New Feature Requests

I don't think CoolMaps are even supported any more. I think they stopped supporting some of their plug-ins about two or three versions ago when NOF stopped supporting CoolMaps. Too bad because some of the CoolMaps modules were really excellent but the last time I communicated with the owner of CoolMaps he was not very happy with NetObjects management.

re: Quote Originally Posted by drslim2 View Post
    8 - Ability to curve a rectangle corners individually and not all 4 corners as is only possible now
    Quote Originally Posted by teonieuwlande View Post
    Then don't draw rectangles but use the freehand drawing with beziers. This gives you exactly that option. (And a few more). This smells like a suggestion from someone who should familiarize a bit more with Xara first.
    A lot of very experienced Xara users would like to see rectangles have independant curve options. I don't think much of suggesting that a user needs more familiarisation with Xara when they make a perfectly reasonable request.

Hi Paulan, not sure if our friend lost his way on this forum & posts but this is the Features Request section the last time I looked, not the Criticise Xara Designer Pro section (if it exists).
    Why waste precious time altering a square to contain 2 curved corners when the software developers could do it in a click, as in CorelDraw.
    By the way toeniewlande (I presume from the Netherlands), software developers learn how to improve their software and make it more user friendly from newbie users who find difficulties, not from experienced users who display their skills with available functions (smells like arrogance to me) … chill out, have an Amstel, Golsch or Heineken, have a few.

Quote Originally Posted by drslim2 View Post
    Hi Paulan, not sure if our friend lost his way on this forum & posts but this is the Features Request section the last time I looked, not the Criticise Xara Designer Pro section (if it exists).
    If you can read some criticism I have made in this thread about Xara Designer Pro, then it's news to me.

Why waste precious time altering a square to contain 2 curved corners when the software developers could do it in a click, as in CorelDraw.
    I absolutely agree. It's a perfectly reasonable request, but have I never suggested it wasn't.

You have your wires crossed drslim2.

Hi Pauland, I dont mean you, I was responding to toeniewlande comments (while responding to your post).
    Last edited by drslim2; 01 December 2011 at 08:56 PM.

Ah yes, my bad, I misread your message. Sorry.

Paul

No problem, that's what I mean about lack of time and the wasting time rounding corners when it can easily be automated.

Xara is a small company and the wish lists of users vastly exceeds their capacity to deliver. So Xara tends to push forward a few new features on every release. I think they do realise this would be a good feature, but it's really about where it sits in their priority list.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Have you seen this? http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...e-corners-Yes!it is a workaround to be sure, but it is a way to do this and you could easily create a rectangle this way and save the drawing to a custom folder and add the folder to the designs gallery so you can easily just drop it into your page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.