Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Poor customer service and response (or lack of it) from XARA CO

I can't see that there are good or bad guys here it's just one of those things - but I do see that you might take some convincing.....

[said as a moderator - I do not work for Xara]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I can understand why he is P**d. Does not seem to matter whether he ordered off their website, over the phone, fax or email as l;ong as it wasn't Santa Claus direct
    he is entitled to a prompt acknowledgement even if shipping cannot bwe made straightaway.
    IP

its a manual process - you cannot reply to a manual process until the order reaches you - would you expect an immediate response the moment you post an order in a letter box it's the same thing , just because payment is made straight away to a third parry doesn't mean the order reaches the company straight away - it clearly states it's an offline process on the website - anyone who does not know what that means should not be ordering software they should be finishing kindergarten [that last part is just my personal opinion you understand]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Handrawn,
    I presume you must have some connection to Xara. FYI, I ordered from their web site and followed the instructions to the letter. Fact is, they don't respond in a timely manner to emails. Look at other complaints on this very board! Your analogy regarding a manual mailbox is totally irrelevant, for how can the recepient respond when it is probably still sitting in the mailbox? We are talking of a situation where it has actually been received but the recipient does not respond (except of course to those messages asking where money should be sent). FYI, I finished kindergarten and went on from there to Junior High. Sounds like you didn't even graduate kindergarten otherwise you would have grasped this concept by now.
    IP

Phill, you had a few problems getting started and then Xara responded and came through. Xara is a far from perfect company (how many are?), and clearly things might have gone better, but Xara seems to have come through in a reasonable time and responded in a reasonable manner to your rather excited and impatient posts.

It might be a better idea to have fun using the software rather than waste any more time going on about something that is past.

Before you suggest that I have any association with Xara, I don't.
    IP