Athena

So what's it like being named after a greek goddess?

I would suspect that an art school would define 'aesthetics' in pretty much the same way as academic philosophy. Mind you, when I was in art school, epistemological discussions on the absolute criterion of the 'artistic state' actually... never occurred! It was more about expanding the boundaries of the definition rather than reducing it to an essence.
I attended art college in the mid 80s when computers were just beginning to emerge as artistic tools. I was exposed to the early Macs during this time, and have to admit I did not see the potential. This was my position till about a year ago when I got my first ever computer. I knew I had to get up to speed soon, so I researched for months and got a G4 super system, which is now already out of date [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] The software I built it around was Painter 6. I knew nothing about it other than the fact that it was difficult to learn. It blew me away. As an airbrush artist my major concern about going digital was maintaining a 'natural look' in my images. My expectations were surpassed big time.
Of course the general creative process changed for me and I haven't quite reconciled with it but I know I'm on the right track.

stecyk66