Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel

Default Re: Wheel

Can you select individual edges/faces without having to accurately paint over them?
    There are no selection tools for edges or polygons in ZBrush, It could be difficult to locate that individual polygon or edge when the model has millions of faces. Although when you have a very low level mesh such as is created with Zspheres or an imported base mesh, you can set the move brush to a very small size and edit individual vertices.

When reading about texturing (with image map) in ZBrush, I remember it said that textures can be painted on or they can be wrapped around the surface of the object. Is this difficult to do?
    No.

Is it possible to have one object (for export, etc.) that is made up of multiple primatives? (ie. if I make a sphere and I put tentacle-like suction cups all around the surface of the sphere, can it all be textured/exported as one object?)
    Yes.
    Do you play in ZBrush more in 3D mode or in 2.5D mode?
    I've spent a lot of time in both modes, since the release of ZB4R2 I've been exploring the new modeling features more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JMS.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	85500  

Default Re: Wheel

Thanks for the info, Mike!

Re: your image

I like the thingy (don't know what to call it) on the left. It looks really ceramic. There is a bit of stair-stepping (line with jaggies) at the top on the mapped texture. I think I recognize the texture as one of the built-in ones in ZBrush.

I like the globe. It looks like a ceramic sphere with some interesting surface detail. Were these rendered inside ZBrush? (looks like it because of the "graydient" background --- gray + gradient = graydient)

Peace

James