Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blender - Inspired by Laneme's request and Mike's 3D creation of said object

Inspired by Laneme's request and Mike's 3D creation of said object, I decided to try something which I will lovingly call, 20 mins of fun in Blender.

Peace

James

Default Re: Blender - Inspired by Laneme's request and Mike's 3D creation of said object

Nice one, James
    Guy -

I love these tools

Default Re: Blender - Inspired by Laneme's request and Mike's 3D creation of said object

Thanks, Guy!

Looking at the shape made me think that it would be cool to have two of them with each one spinning through the "opening" in the other, in turn.

Now, I should just put an Empty in the center and have them both rotate around that WHILE they are taking turns spinning through each other. (or in other words, to have the two of them as they are now animated, also be spinning around their combined center as they do it)

I love Blender.

By the way... creating those objects, I used Bezier curves... it made it very, very quick to model and it set up the geometry perfectly for filling the faces and extruding. I can tell that I'm going to be using the Bezier curves a lot more in the future!

Thanks again!

James

That's pretty cool James. I for one am still struggling with Blender. Been working with it every day and feel like such a do-do. I am learning but things seem to sink into my head very slowly.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hello Larry,

Thanks!

Re: Struggling

I'm sorry to hear that, Larry. I know you can tell that it (Blender) is fun and makes relatively cool stuff and you've been supportive of the stuff I've made. Can I ask which parts seem to be giving you the most trouble? Is it the modeler?

I do admit there's a lot to learn in the beginning. You think of what you wanna create and then the interface feels like a labyrinth because of all of the options and specific terminology and methodology.

When I first started in Blender it was shortly before 2.49 was to transmute into become the current interface (with 2.5 and up). I played with it a little, but always felt lost and powerless...two feelings that I can't relate to. It was only with 2.5, that I felt that I could start to feel my way around. The fact that you're spending a little bit of time each day is good... osmosis often works! I would suggest to pick simple tasks and force your way through them, rather than approach a series of disappointments by jumping ship prematurely.

If there's anything I can do to help, you must only ask.

Peace

James

Hi Larry,

I can easily relate to what your saying. I only came on board with 2.58, triggered by what I saw in the threads of this forum. Then, gradually, I tried out the different tips and how-to's from James. Every day I learn and every day I struggle, but there's progress. Over the last few weeks I started documenting the pitfalls I encountered and how I overcame them (with James' help or otherwise). I guess, what I'm saying is - don't give up. The small successes outweigh the failures over time !
    Guy -

I love these tools

Thanks guys, I'm not giving up, just having trouble remembering the shortcuts, and with the modeling, Texturing has been a real problem for me to at the moment. But, I started watching Neal Hirsig's tutorials again so bare with me awhile, perhaps a long while.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.