Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Time out error message

Hi all,
    I've been attempting to upload content to my website, but when I go to upload, the uploading indication bar comes up all right and everything seems ok. It stays at 0% and then I get a dialogue box on screen giving me an error message from Xara that the operation has timed out ??
    Does anyone know what that's about?
    Thanks guys.
    Eoin Mc

Default Re: Time out error message

Hi Eoin,

Web Designer and Designer Pro default to using an FTP Connection Type of Auto, which should work with any FTP host. However since the latest update to Web Designer 7 and Web Designer 7 Premium some people have reports connection problems.

You can change the default connection type to Active by editing the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\WebDesignerPremium \7.1\Options\Publish\FTPConnectionType change the DWORD Value to 1.

If you are not comfortable making changes to the registry you can download an application I wrote that you can use to make the change for you. Use the link Last XaReg Update to go to a post where I attached a .zip file containing XaReg. Unzip the .exe file to a folder on your hard drive then run the program. You should have all Xara applications closed before running XaReg.

Select your Xara Application version in the left pane then select the FTP tab then change the FTPConnectionType to Active FTP=1. Then exit XaReg and start your Xara Application. Your FTP connection should work without timing out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xareg-ftp.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	84361  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Time out error message

I cannot make that attached programm work