Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Unable to publish website

HI, just wanted to confirm the registry values.
    Passive = 0, Active = 1, Auto = 2.

I am confused by the solution posted by Agent Orange which implies a sub folder path wasn't required before updating to 7.1.2 but one is required now.

It doesn't sound like the problem being experienced by Agent Orange is the same issue as that encountered by neodeist but I might be wrong..

Agent Orange - does altering the FTPConnectionType resolve the problem for you?

I applied the registry fix and then attempted to update my site. When I clicked PUBLISH, I got a windows 7 home premium (64bit) warning that the firewall settings had to be allowed to let the program access the net from a home connection. I allowed it and the registry change made no difference. I can still not publish unless I insert /www/www/ into the sub-folder box of the publish web properties.

Once I put the /www/www/ back as the sub-folder, webdesigner will publish with the registry set to either 1 or 2.

The application is not recognizing the directory structure of you ISP automatically as it used to

I put in my struction which was /myname/ and it worked

Thanks Agent Orange.

Just to confirm, you previously did not need to enter a sub folder path. Following your update to 7.1.2, you are now required to enter the subfolder path as /www/www.

1. which folder are you connected to when accessing your ftp information via an external tool (winscp/ filezilla). Are you directed to / or /www/www?

The screen shot at http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...714#post416714 implies that the folder you should be publishing to is /www/www in which case it makes sense to have to enter this as the sub folder path.

2. As we cannot reproduce this problem, we would be grateful if either kdmiller or Agent Orange can reply to their open support tickets and provide us with FTP access to where they publish to. This will allow us to complete a series of tests and confirm whether a problem has been introduced with the patch update.

Thanks

I am directed to /www/www when I use filezilla.

"Just to confirm, you previously did not need to enter a sub folder path. Following your update to 7.1.2, you are now required to enter the subfolder path as /www/www." Yes, that is correct.

I will open a support ticket and give you ftp access as soon as I post this. Don't worry about changing anything on the site, I just put it up via ver 7.0 before the update and it did not work the next day after the 7.1 update. There is nothing important on the site that I need.
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 27 September 2011 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks Agent Orange for providing us with the FTP details. This problem has now been logged as a bug and we will contact you via your support ticket again shortly should we need any further information.

We will keep all other interested parties informed via this thread.

Thanks
    Xara Support.

Thumbs up The 7.1.2.18680 update fixed this problem

I just downloaded and installed the 7.1.2.18680 update. I can now publish all of my web sites without using the sub folder path entry work around. Web Designer also now posts only the updated files instead of the complete web site when I make any changes to my site.

Thank you for the update and the fix!