Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Your Avatar - Why‽

I have no idea why I chose this avatar, to be honest. If there was a reason, I forgot! I know I like the linux penguin and I like doing animations, maybe it was something that developed from another drawing I did.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

You may be shocked to know that this is actually my real photo! That's how I look, at least that's what people have told me, that I look just like my cartoons. Okay, okay, it's not a photo. I confess! It's a cartoon of me with my Intuos 2. Hmmmm, I need to upgrade the tablet to a Cintiq 12WX and add more grey hair, but, yeah, that's more or less how I look, pug nose and all. Which reminds me. I'll never forget the day in my high school English class we were reading a character description of someone with a pug nose. A student asked the teacher what a pug nose looked like and the teacher glanced around the room until his eyes settled on me and said, "There! That's what a pug nose looks like!" It was one of life's harsh revelations to my young introverted highly self-conscious soul. But I digress....

My avatar is "Bold Sir Blobalot", a slightly pompous and accident-prone bug-slaying knight.

He was originally drawn in ArtWorks and was one of the first drawings imported into Xara Studio during its development (the very first version of what is now Xara Designer).

At the time, the entire dev team was using the term "blobby" to mean a "thingummy", a "doobry", a "whatjamacallit" - any unnamed entity.

Phil

This is a tad off topic but, Rik, where did you get the combined exclamation/question mark on the title of your thread? I don't believe I've ever seen it before.

Hi Zeb

guess you missed this thread...

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ht=#post418548
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yeah, Steve, I missed that one! Learn something new every day!

Default Re: Your Avatar - Why ?!

My current avatar was specially chosen to perfectly match the new TG skin.
    Last edited by covoxer; 13 October 2011 at 08:14 PM.
    John.

Mine's a thumbnail 'cut-out' from an old picture I did. I had a look through a few images to see if I already had anything which would work in an avatar. I remember that I picked this because I was thinking of having a go at a small animated effect, so blinking seemed an idea. I did do the animation and it worked ok, but decided to go with the static version.

Bit of an uninteresting reason I know.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Good thread, Rik. Mine is the result of an old thread (which I must confess I haven't tried to find a link to) by Gary Priester who was looking for ideas for a logo featuring 2 Gs. I thought about this and eventually came up with the attached - 2 Gs, lower case Trebuchet MS. I reversed the second letter and as the result looked like a false nose moustache and glasses, I added two eyes. I never got around to posting it at the time. But then I joined a logo competition site and called myself granadagraphics - the result of all my toil was put to good use. For TG, I decided to spiff it up a bit.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avatar.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	84661  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Mine is a very old one I found when scouring the internet.

On a side note: did anyone notice that the topic line changed from
    Re: Your Avatar - Why‽
    to
    Re: Your Avatar - Why ?!
    ?
    Witchcraft!