Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: glowing ghostie

Default Re: glowing ghostie

Quote Originally Posted by ODdOnLifeItself View Post
    I like the freedom of being able to make something and then just drag and drop from Filezilla to have it updated on the forum, without having to actually even log on or re-visit the Forum.
    Yes, though the downside of that is that often threads start talking about the MK1 version of something and end with the final version. If every post refers to the same link, then it loses all the progress stages and it gets confusing to have the first post discussing the start of the project and the final post talking about completion and they all refer to the same thing!

But I do understand your point.

Default Re: glowing ghostie

Yes, I see what you mean.

They do that too on a certain Blender forum. Someone will have started a thread with a work-in-progress...then, as they've gotten tips on how to improve, they updated the original image, thereby making all the in-between commentary seem irrelevant, since one can't see image-wise how it helped. (the steps having constantly been replaced by the newest version, posted at the top) It doesn't happen much, but it does happen, so I can relate.

For me, the preferred method would be to just upload it here...but the software does some weird things that makes finding creative solutions necessary.

Any idea why the software (here) takes animated gif's and converts them to jpg's? I mean, it would be simple enough to check the gif to see if it's animated or not, before converting...

Peace

James