Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default using graphics for dreamweaver

Hi,

I read somewhere that the html used to create the graphics in web designer can be imported and used to setup the rest of the website in dreamweaver. Is this true? What else carries over to dreamweaver well from xara?

Thanks.

Default Re: using graphics for dreamweaver

I think that would be a poor workflow. If you wish to use Dreamweaver, use Xara software to build graphical assets and use them in DW, but starting from a Xara generated web page is a seriously bad idea in my opinion because of the way Xara generates graphics for it's web pages, it's most likely nothing like you would generate if you were putting thought into a HTML design.

The big difference between Xara pages and DW designs is the use of CSS to create design elements without always needing graphical elements and absolute positioning.

If you have XWD, why are you using DW?

well, I was thinking just doing the graphics in xara and then in dreamweaver doing the rest. XWD has its problems, for example the way it segments all the type on the page to different lines. I like the way XWD does all the graphic positioning, but i guess once i import it into DW and do the rest, going backwards will be impossible.

Undocumented and advanced features

5. "HTMLBlockText" - if this name is applied to the text object, the text is exported without placing every line in a separate span element. This is less WYSIWYG than the default export but it may be more suitable for further editing of the exported HTML in the external editors and web authoring tools.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    well, I was thinking just doing the graphics in xara and then in dreamweaver doing the rest.
    That's the best workflow for using Xara with DW.

I also think there is nothing wrong with doing a whole website in xara too, if it is a simple one and the client does not need anything elaborate. I also found out that there are people who can take the graphics we create in xara and turn it into word press template which is very handy too.

Behzad, I've nothing against Xara websites - you asked about DW!

ok my dear friend

why the happy faces here look mean

How i can use it?
    Explain me please!

well, I was thinking just doing the graphics in xara and then in dreamweaver doing the rest. XWD has its problems, for example the way it segments all the type on the page to different lines. I like the way XWD does all the graphic positioning, but i guess once i import it into DW and do the rest, going backwards will be impossible.

I like the way XWD does all the graphic positioning.
    You can do that in DW too - it's just a feature of HTML absolute positioning rather than a particular program. If you use DW you really need to learn about HTML, while with Xara software you can avoid it altogether or just pick up the smallest amount necessary. DW is not the comfortable WYSIWYG ride that Xara is.