Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have just bought the menu maker and the extentions for dreamweaver mx2004 will not work ....I have followed all the instructions 10 times now and getting really fed up with the prog and not even used it yet.....has anyone got any ideas

Thanks
    Mike

I have just bought the menu maker and the extentions for dreamweaver mx2004 will not work ....I have followed all the instructions 10 times now and getting really fed up with the prog and not even used it yet.....has anyone got any ideas

Thanks
    Mike

I've had sveral problems with the extension. I did finally get it working but I'n not sure what I did. However, sometimes, when you do a mouse over a button, the submenu will display, but when you move your mouse over it, it disappears. Also, when you create a web page from a template, you get the square gray box instead of the menu. I think xara has some bug fixes to take care of.

Thanks for your reply ....it's nice to know I didn't do anything wrong.......I have given up on it and I can understand why they are giving the prog away free with Xara3D......

Cheers mate
    Mike

Try removing the extension from add/remove programs. Next reinstall it from xara.com/downloads/addins.asp

When you say it is not working, what exact behaviour are you encountering?

Hi ya ....when I say its not working I mean when I go to the Insert in D/W its at the bottom but when clicked it tells me its not installed....so really its not doing anything at all.......also the extention is not showing up in the manage extentions box......I have tried at least 6 or more times uninstalling and reinstalling from the link you gave me......also followed the instructions that it gives when it wont work.....so they know theres a prob but not fixed it I guess.
    Thanks
    MIKE

HI Mike, is this problem continuing for you? Please advise

Yes it is still not working ..........but I am getting round it and doing it the long way...sorry for the delay but I have been away .......Also I have Dw2004MX and DWMX on my comp so I guess thats the problem.....
    But the prog works well .

Well chief I have a problem as well....I finally got the extensoins working but can tfigure out how inthe H-ll to get hte files to work on a website...all i get is script all over the place.....No instructions to follow anywhere that would explain in detail how this works...and trust me I have looked...All though I must say the extenisions do work.but it says to save and it will save it to dream weaver, but when it does, as stated all i get is script and no menu...

How do I insert a NavBar into Dreamweaver
    Select insert\xara webstyle 4\NavBars and menus.
    Select the navbar template you wish to use
    Edit the NavBar and then click on save.
    Select the appropriate project folder for edited navbar template to be saved to.
    Select save Graphic.
    Click on the graphics folder button and navigate to the location where all your other files associated with the web page are saved.
    Ensure the save in folder (the left side of the save screen) is set to the location where your web page is saved.
    Click on save to be directed to Dreamweaver.
    Save the web page and upload the web page, the xaramenu.js file stored in the same folder as your web page and the folder containing the exported graphics to your web server