Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Perth,

Welcome to the Painter Community and to the Painter Forum! I've been asking Tanya Staples, Corel Painter Product Manager if they're going to allow upgrades from the PCFormat Painter 5.5 and have asked so many times I'm cooling it for a while [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. She said they hadn't decided what the upgrade package would be yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you who have the PCFormat Painter 5.5 CD.

It might be good to ask around unless you're sure that the CD only contains a Windows version. It seems odd that I haven't heard anyone say that since people have been getting the PCFormat Painter 5.5 CD for a while now.

I'll ask, if I can remember, next time I'm writing to anyone who might know.. or Marah could write to Dennis Berkla at DigArts to find out. His e-mail address is:

digarts@gardenhose.com

Happy Holidays!

Jinny

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

I rang Future Publishing, who publish PCFormat and they told me the disc was only for PC. You can get the magazine direct from them if you call them (get no. from website) The Septmeber issue is the one you want. It costs about £5 in the UK
    IP

Trusslle,

Thanks for the confirmation, though I wish it weren't so. I surely do hope Corel can do something to bring in more Painter 6 users and this seems a perfect opportunity for them.

Sadly, I heard this morning that Corel's stock is down to a couple of dollars. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] But.... a lot of U.S. company stocks are right now. Merry Christmas?

Oh well.. if you're gonna have ups, you gotta have downs.. so on the bright side, we can look forward to the up times coming.

A sincere wish for Happy Holidays to all, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP