Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Import Webstyle navbar designs to XWD7

I have been using Webstyle for some years before XWD was launched, and now using XWD Premium. It has evolved into a first-class web design tool.

Webstyle 4 has an extensive collection of navbar designs, most of which are not included in the XWD gallery. Having already paid for these designs, it would be great if they could be imported to XWD.

I understand these designs can still be used indirectly by the procedure to create a navbar in Webstyle, and insert it in a XWD website using a placeholder.

However it would be great if the Webstyle navbar designs could be imported into the XWD navbar gallery (or a separate gallery), then used and managed in the same way as the navbars already in the XWD gallery.

Is this possible, or if not directly possible, is it feasible for someone to write a conversion script or tweak to allow import of the Webstyle navbar designs?

Rick
    Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Default Re: Import Webstyle navbar designs to XWD7

Hi Rick,

If you look in the C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle4\WSTemplates folder you will find the themes folders for all the components used for all the Webstyle projects. The files that have _hNavBar_ or _vHavBar_ within the name and have the 3 letter extension of .wix are vector objects (mouse off/mouse over and end caps) for the navbars. You can open these files using any version of Web Designer and/or Designer Pro (Photo & Graphic Designer) to build a working navbar. You will also need the files with _button_off.wix and _button_on.wix.

It is not as easy as creating the navbar within Webstyle and using a placehold in Web Designer. However it can be done in Web Designer alone with some effort.
    Last edited by Soquili; 28 August 2011 at 12:07 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Forgot to attach and example of how the .wix files from one Webstyle 4 navbar theme look when opened in Web Designer. Example for both horizontal and vertical.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ws4-wix-web.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	83803  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Bill. I will have a play around with it.

Rick
    Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!