When I did that, it created a new category and folder in my Painter 12 brush folder. It looks like that is designed for a single category to be added to an existing main folder.
What I have is a folder with like 20 sub categories of brushes (5-15 or so brushes in each sub category).
I have another such folder (from the Painter WOW book) that works just by dragging the whole mess in. But the folder in question doesn't. When I tried moving that folder to the main Brushes folder, I got it to work once, but then ran into the problem described above. I can fix it by deleting the bad folder it created each time I open Painter.

Referring to your reference http://product.corel.com/help/Painte...tml/wwhelp.htm it seems that I should be able to copy in an entire folder. Although in their example they copy to the Painter application area vs the user folders.

So again, if I understand, you are suggesting I create a brush category from within the app. But I think what I need is bigger than a category - I need a whole new main folder with many categories inside it - a new LIBRARY, not a new category.