Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Tracing a Shape in a Vector Layer...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Hi Tom

I only have PSP9 and I realise things may have moved on as you have X3 ['PSP13']...

In version 9 using the pen tool on vector layer you can join by going into edit mode [on the info bar] click on one end node and drag over the other until you see 'join' - however it may be different for X3

Why do you want to join them? - to fill in a vector layer for example in version 9 it has to rasterised and then as long as it overlaps you are ok, overlapped raster lines are joined by definition [again that might be different in your version]
    Well, let's see - I was comparing Tracing in two different programs (PSPx3/PSP13) & Xara - I tried dragging the node over the other, did not get a 'Join' (but, I will try again) -I was just surprised that I could not close by drawing the final segment -seemed illogical. I do NOT want to Fill the Vector Shape (why I choose Vector) - I wanted the Shape to do things with in yet a 3rd Program; and, since I was having trouble with Tracing the Shape in Xara (I ended up with 4 groups -persisted with a 2nd attempt in Xara and finally got a shape that I could use to cut the piece out of the photo that I wanted to cut out) -I was going to import the Vector shape from PXPx3 to Xara to cut out the shape I wanted. Clear as mud, huh. I learn many things about both programs -some surprising.
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

Default Re: Tracing a Shape in a Vector Layer...

ok firstly - which format were you going to export your vector shape in - have you tried exporting a simple vector line to make sure it will export as a vector? - it might not and therefore you might be wasting your time unless you want to do all the work in PSP

secondly - which mode are you using:

lines and polygons
    point to point [bezier]
    freehand

I haven't much experience in using PSP vector layers - as far as I can see it refers to unjoined lines as 'line [or curve] segments' and joined lines as 'contours' but this may be simplistic

here is the X3 help section for modifying lines and curves:

http://product.corel.com/help/photop...x2007F&single=

specifically:

To connect multiple line segments

1 Create as many connected line segments as you want.

2 On the Tool Options palette, click one of the following buttons:

Create New Contour — connects line segments in an open shape

Close Contour — connects line segments in a closed shape

3 Click the Apply button.

hope this helps
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Smile Re: Tracing a Shape in a Vector Layer...

(boy, I wish I had copied my reply -I took too long & lost it... so, I will try to reconstruct) steve j, it got pretty strange in PSPX3 (probably why I ended up with 4 groups of vector lines), why is was easier for me to re-do in Xara a 2nd time. the link to the Help file, I have -it has Helped me many times; but, I have learned in both Corel & Xara, 'How-to' ask the question is important too -as if not asked like they have put in the Help file, you will get no answer. The Leaning to use is important to me too.

And, now that I have the Dog cut out of the foto, I need to see if I am artist enough to capture the essence enough for something shrunk to the size of a quarter and segments filled with enamel colors -I may have to farm this part out... While pretty good at the 'arranging' of things, I admit to a lack of being a Real Life Artist like many of you Here! <sigh> Tom
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP